Monday, December 28, 2009

Week 29, Project 365

I am feeling pretty tired today so I'll be keeping this week's Project 365 post short (yes, I really CAN make it short).

I posted about this photo already but I'm including it again... because it is the one and only Monday photo! Besides, I'm pretty sure I have some traffic on Sundays I don't get the rest of the week. Anyway, for those who haven't seen it yet, those aren't clouds, that's smoke. We've had a problem with wild fires in the area because it's been so dry. Has made breathing a bit of a challenge at times. I've mentioned my husband's new friend who has designed and built a few planes over the years. This week Ivan had the opportunity to help him work on the current project. When Ivan and Abraham went to install a new gas line at Sta. Rosa, they took time to make an asado. After all, a man's gotta eat! The next few photos feature the baby quilts I finished this week. All the photos were taken on the same day but, believe me, they filled several of my days this week! I was working until late at night for three days running but I FINISHED 'EM! Here's the front of the quilts... ...and here's the backs. I backed the "envelope" quilt with fleece in a fun teddy bear print and the other in pink flannel with gold stars with a pieced panel featuring appliqued flowers. I just felt it needed a little extra pizzazz. Close-up of the envelope quilt so you can see how easy it is to slide small items into the envelopes. Close-up of the appliqued flower panel. Our co-workers had a garage sale this weekend. I think we were their first customers :-) I picked up a few things, including this big bag of buttons. I have a thing for buttons; you have no idea how happy these make me :-) After having a couple of weeks "off", I have a feeling it's going to be hard to buckle down and get back to work (i.e., Spanish). *sigh* But I sure have enjoyed it and feel pretty good about how much we were able to get done too.

Hope y'all have a great week and Sara, hope you start feeling better!

No comments:

Post a Comment